Gas Line Installation & Repair in Nanaimo
Available 24/7 for all of your plumbing & gas needs.
From Hot Water Tanks to clogged toilets, no job is too big or too small for our friendly Nanaimo plumbing experts.
If you would like to set up a service time or to get a free, no obligation quote on service, please fill in the form or give us a call directly at 250-585-0233.
Natural gas is odourless, but gas companies add a ‘rotten egg’ smell that usually can be easily detected in the case of a gas leak. We are experts in gas leak detection and repair. Damaged or degraded piping? No problem, we can repair or redo your gas piping system. We can also install safety devices such as earthquake shut-off valves and carbon monoxide detectors. Gas is used by millions of people, safely everyday. Ask us about how to get the most out of natural gas. Patio heaters, fireplaces and outdoor fire pits are just a few of the ways that you can use natural gas to enhance your living space.
Signs Of A Gas Leak
- Increased gas bills
- Sulphur or rotten eggs smell
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Nausea or headaches
What To Do If You Smell Gas
Please look after your safety and take immediate action if you smell gas. If you smell rotten eggs or hear the sound of escaping gas, it could be a natural gas leak.
- Stop what you’re doing.
- Do not use your cellphone or landline, don’t smoke, light matches or operate electrical switches or create any other source of ignition.
- Go outside. As you exit, leave the door open behind you as well as any windows that may already be open.
- Call. Once outside, call FortisBC’s 24-hour Emergency Line at 1-800-663-9911 or 911.