Gas Leak Detection & Repair in Nanaimo
Available 24/7 for all of your plumbing & gas needs.
From Hot Water Tanks to clogged toilets, no job is too big or too small for our friendly Nanaimo plumbing experts.
If you would like to set up a service time or to get a free, no obligation quote on service, please fill in the form or give us a call directly at 250-585-0233.
Natural gas is odourless, but gas companies add a “rotten egg” smell that usually can be easily detected in the case of a gas leak. We are experts in gas leak detection and repair. We can remedy SDG&E gas locks outs in a jiffy, install earthquake shut-off valves, install carbon monoxide detectors (as well as perform safety inspections) and repair or repipe gas lines.
Signs Of A Gas Leak
- Increased gas bills
- Sulphur or rotten eggs smell
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Nausea or headaches
What To Do If You Smell Gas
Please look after your safety and take immediate action if you smell gas. If you smell rotten eggs or hear the sound of escaping gas, it could be a natural gas leak.
- Stop what you’re doing.
- Do not use your cellphone or landline, don’t smoke, light matches or operate electrical switches or create any other source of ignition.
- Go outside. As you exit, leave the door open behind you as well as any windows that may already be open.
- Call. Once outside, call FortisBC’s 24-hour Emergency Line at 1-800-663-9911 or 911.